- From North Portland and Portland Airport – Take I-205 north to I-5. Continue north on I-5 to Longview, Washington. Turn off at Exit #36 and follow signs to Highway 30 on the Oregon side of the Columbia River. Go west on Highway 30 to Astoria and Warrenton.
- From Seattle – Take I-5 south to to Longview, Washington. Turn off at Exit #36 and follow signs to Highway 30 on the Oregon side of the Columbia River. Go west on Highway 30 to Astoria and Warrenton.
- From South Portland – Take Highway 26 west to coastal Highway 101. Go north on Highway 101 to Warrenton and Astoria.
- From Salem – Take I-5 north to Highway 217. Take Hwy 217 northwest to Highway 26. Take Highway 26 west to coastal Highway 101. Go north on Highway 101 to Warrenton and Astoria.
- From points on the Oregon Coast – Take Highway 101 north to Warrenton and Astoria.
- From points on the Washington Coast – Take Highway 101 south to Astoria and Warrenton.
Astoria has an excellent airport suitable for private planes of any size. At present, it does not have commercial air service. There are a few charter air service companies that will fly into Astoria. For more information about the airport, flying your own plane or riding in on a charter, visit the Port of Astoria’s website, www.portofastoria.com.
Numerous commercial flights serve the Portland and Seattle airports. You can drive to Astoria in a rental car from Seattle in 3 hours and from Portland in 2 hours, via the routes shown above. Or, you can connect from Portland by bus, as detailed below.
Amtrak Motorcoach: The Amtrak Motorcoach leaves Portland, Oregon daily at 6:00 PM from the Portland Union Station. The coach takes highway 26 west, with flag stops along the route, stopping in Warrenton and arriving at the Astoria Welcome Center (111 W. Marine Dr.) at 8:15 PM. To return to Portland this bus leaves Astoria at 8am following the same route over Hwy 26 back to Portland Union Station to arrive at 10:15am. For more information, call 1-800-872-7245. www.amtrak.com
Regional Bus Routes
Pacific Transit System: The Pacific Transit bus serves Pacific County, Washington, crossing the Columbia river over the Astoria-Megler bridge into Astoria, Oregon. Pacific Transit System uses 11th and Duane as the bus stop in Astoria with a flag stop at the Astoria Dunes Motel (288 W. Marine Dr.) This bus operates every day except Sunday. For more information, call 1-360-642-9418 or visit www.pacifictransit.org
Sunset Empire Transit System: The Sunset Empire bus serves Clatsop County, Oregon, every day except Sunday. Routes run between Astoria, Seaside, Cannon Beach, and Hammond, Oregon. A favorite ravels throughout Astoria. This route has a stop a mile and a half from the Astoria Column and travels through some lovely Victorian neighborhoods. For more information, call 1-800 776-6406, 1-503-338-7404 or online at: www.ridethebus.org.
Directions courtesy of www.oldoregon.com
495 Marine Drive, Astoria, OR 97103
503.325.4211 • 800-721-9440